ESC’S INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA HEALTH SAFETY ENGINEERING
, QUALIFI UK
European Safety Council’s International Diploma in Health and Safety Engineering is endorsed by Qualifi, UK
Recognised for TSP status with BCSP (USA), allowing candidates to prepare directly for CSP exam thus exempting from ASP.
This qualification is divided into two units:
- UNIT A : Management Of Health & Safety
- UNIT B : Industrial Hazards, Risks & Control Measures
The overall learning outcomes of the Diploma are to:
- Apply the Principles of safety and health management
- Analyse Risk Management
- Analyse UK and international legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Implement Safety and health strategy, policy
- Assess impact of safety culture
- Evaluate Communications and organisational competence
- Control of safety and health risks
- Monitoring systems for safety and health
- Audit and review of OHSM
- The methods and strategies used for the evaluation, monitoring and control of safety hazards – Electrical, Chemical, Physical, Biological, Fire, Equipment Safety
- Analyse the concepts of Toxicology and Epidemiology
To qualify for the course, candidate should meet any of the minimum qualifications listed below:
- Bachelors in Engineering Graduate
- Level 3 HSE Qualification
- Science Graduate with 3 Yrs minimum experience
- Safety Diploma holder can enrol in the course.
In certain circumstances, individuals with considerable experience but no formal qualifications may be considered, subject to interview and being able to demonstrate their ability to cope with the demands of the programme.
The assessment is written examination for 5 hours. Each unit exam is assessed for 150 Marks.
Pass Standards – 50% in both Units.
A ‘Pass’ must be achieved in both units to achieve the European Safety Council’s International Diploma in Health and Safety Engineering
Course duration is for six months.